Wednesday, October 21, 2009

H-Town

The first weekend of October, Ana Maria and I flew to Houston so she could meet my brother Sil, my friends and re-see Tia Calu.

I must say I was a bit nervous about the trip... It was me, a car seat, a car seat base, carry on luggage, diaper bag, stroller frame, and milk bag... oh yes, and a baby... traveling alone!!! Just the thought of unloading and reloading everything at the security check points at the airport made me sweat... however, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with my other fellow human beings! People were very helpful and nice to me... totally unexpected and I actually feel kind of ashamed to admit to that. Isn't that the way we should all be?! Nice, helpful, courteous, etc.... anyway, I won't get into where my mind is going now because that is a totally new discussion...

So, H-Town, Houston... it was awesome! Seeing my brother interact with Ana put tears in my eyes! He was total 'teddy' bear with her :) And... Calu... my sister, can't get enough of her... she even woke her up from a nap... I also got to see my great friend Tania who I hadn't seen in years - it was just like old times, when we were 15 years old... and the rest of the group (as Rafa said, with some new additions ahahahah).

I really can't wait to go back to Texas...to visit, but mostly live there!

Oh yes, Ana Maria did wonderful in the plane. It was her second trip in one, and just like her first she was her happy usual self... we just had tiny little incident... diaper explosion that had to be tended to right away... inside a turbulent cabin and all! But we managed ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment