Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Updates

I know I am days overdue on this… sorry, as you can imagine, the past couple of days have been the busiest yet slowest days of my life!

I guess I will start with the updates…

Dr’s appt: it was on May 7th and it went great – better than expected. As of that date I am 1cm dilated and 70% effaced. The Dr. was really pleased with that. Does it mean she is coming early? Not really, but my body is progressing and that is always a good. This baby girl is heads down (yay – I was really afraid she was going to be stubborn like her Mom and not turn) and the best part of it was that Dr. Moore did not say anything about my bones being too tight… so my fear of having to have a C-Section may just be that, fear. I go back on May 15th for my next appointment and hopefully things will continue to have progressed.

The nursery: is finally done J – thanks to my wonderful, talented Mother and her assistant, Daddy to be, Darryl. I am certain of the fact that the creative gene skipped my genetic pool – or that it is at least dormant for now… So I basically supervised the creative talent during the process – my Mom could have gone completely crazy with it and she still does not forgive me for putting the breaks on her ideas! LOL I can only hope that Ana Maria likes it when she sees photos of it when she is older b/c it was done with a lot of love.

Now this may be TMI for most but since everyone wants to know what is going on… here it is… I am pretty sure that I started to lose my mucous plug this past Sunday. For those of you who don’t know what that it is, it is basically the “seal” b/t my cervix and the birthing canal. Once that is out it could be a sign that labor is coming soon. How soon?! Well, that is the million dollar question. It seems that with everything in pregnancy, patience and not knowing are the constant themes. According to most sources, once the Mom loses the mucous plug it could take hours, days or weeks for labor to happen… so the revelation really did not change the status of anything. However, I did start to have more intense Braxton Hick contractions on Sunday… they were quite uncomfortable and needless to say that put everyone on “alert” mode – Darryl and my Mom were certain that she was arriving that day or the next. But they subsided on their own and I am still pregnant… I have been having them since that day; sometimes they are painless and at times they can make me quite uncomfortable – but nothing to the point that I am completely miserable and not able to function. So we shall see…

And that is about it… right now, the “battle” is to remain patience and contain the anxiety level until she gets here. Darryl is more than ready for her arrival – well, all of us are… but I think that it is harder for him. After all, I am the one pregnant; I am the one feeling not only the baby but also the “changes” in my body. Plus, I really do think that Moms have that intuition… could I be completely naïve and wrong? Certainly… but for some reason I think I will know when she is about to get here – I am pretty much counting on the pain factor LOL

So, as of now she is 19 days away from her due date… let’s keep on counting!

PS: a versão em português será colocada mais tarde!!!


PS2: Below are some photos of Ana Maria's Room





2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous nursery!!!! Ana Maria is gong to love sleeping there. If she doesn't, can I move in?

    ReplyDelete